Browsing Llibres / Capítols de llibre (Economia i Empresa) by Title
Now showing 1 - 8 of 8
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessDestination image analytics through traveller-generated content(University of Queensland, 2021) Mariné Roig, Estela
- ItemOpen AccessDeveloping Digital Literacy for Teaching and Learning(Springer, 2022) Marín, Victoria I.; Castañeda, LindaDigital literacy is a critical competence for empowering citizenship in a digital world. It has become a key element in teaching and learning across the different educational stages that has been addressed since the last decade of the twentieth century within the field of open, distance, and digital education. The literature so far has not agreed on a common definition, but multiple international, national, and even local, frameworks exist to foster digital literacy and to evaluate and certificate it, especially with a focus on educators and students in different educational levels, but also with the citizen perspective. These frameworks are reviewed in this chapter, along with the evolution and conceptualization of digital literacy and some strategies to foster digital literacy in different educational sectors, with a focus on the educator as a key player in this fostering action. The most remarkable challenges for developing digital literacy for teaching and learning include the same conception of digital literacy, which is multiple and situated, the digital divide and the actual consideration of digital literacy as a social practice. Being digital literacy a transversal competency nowadays, clear implications for education can be drawn, such as reshaping organizations to the digital conditions, thinking on digital literacy as a collective effort, and enriching the global discourse through diversity in debates.
- ItemOpen AccessProceedings of the ENTER21 Ph.D. Workshop(Edicions de la Universitat de Lleida, 2021) Ferrer Rosell, Berta; Liang, Sai; Dayour, FrederickThe ENTER Ph.D. Workshop is the pre-conference event for the annual ENTER International eTourism Conference organised by the International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT). Each year the ENTER Ph.D. Workshop provides the unique opportunity for doctoral students to interactively present and discuss their research with peers and leading scholars in the field. Doctoral students at all stages (i.e., beginning as well as nearly completed) are encouraged to participate. Importantly, this full-day workshop gives participants the opportunity to improve their research ideas and the structure of their work in a critical but supportive environment by receiving feedback from mentors, experts, and senior researchers within the global IT and Tourism research community. The Workshop also represents a fascinating glimpse into the future agenda of eTourism research.
- ItemOpen AccessLes ruralitats. Els micropobles de Lleida(Edicions de la Universitat de Lleida, 2021) Hernández-Trejo, Mario; Andrés Cabello, Sergio; Garreta i Bochaca, Jordi; Domingo, Jordi (Domingo i Coll); Ganau Casas, Joan; Carol, Joan; Guerrero, Carles; Llop Torné, Josep Maria; Enciso Rodríguez, Joan Pere; Sala Rios, Mercè; Torres Solé, Teresa; Pelegrí Viaña, Xavier; González Rodríguez, Juan Agustín; Miranda Ruche, Xavier; Bernad Cavero, Olga; Llevot Calvet, Núria; López Teulón, María Paz; Marín Marquilles, RogerAquest primer llibre de la Càtedra d’Estudis Socioeconòmics i Despoblament del Territori Rural de Lleida pretén ser una primera aproximació a les ruralitats de les comarques de Lleida mitjançant una diagnosi a nivell múltiple, emmarcat en un retrat dels discursos i les polítiques a escala internacional (especialment de la Unió Europea [capítol 1]) i estatal [capítol 2]). I ja centrats en Lleida, s’aprofundeix en la situació i l’evolució des de la perspectiva de la demografia i la geografia humana (capítol 3), per continuar amb l’urbanisme (capítol 4), el mercat laboral (capítol 5), els serveis socials (capítol 6), els serveis sanitaris (capítol 7) i els serveis educatius (capítol 8). La redacció d’aquests textos ha partit de fonts existents (secundàries) i en alguns casos, pocs, de treballs de camp necessaris per aprofundir en llacunes existents. I ha de representar el punt de partida de l’anàlisi de les realitats rurals de Lleida i de les diverses situacions i experiències dels que hi resideixen.
- ItemOpen AccessSustainable Tourism Marketing(MDPI, 2020) Cristóbal Fransi, Eduard; Daries Ramón, Natalia; Ferrer Rosell, Berta; Mariné Roig, Estela; Martín Fuentes, EvaResearch on tourism marketing tends to place a greater focus on consumer behavior and its impact on destinations, as well as on the use of tourism services or products, than on sustainability. However, this field has a long tradition of research in aspects related to promoting tourism products and services that, from the perspective of both supply and demand, respect the environment and local communities. Sustainable tourism is a concept that demands more concreteness and action. It takes into account the economic, social, and environmental impacts of satisfying the current needs of visitors, the industry, the environment, and host communities without compromising the ability to meet the needs of future generations. Raising consciousness, on the part of society in general and the tourist in particular, about respectful consumption in regard to the environment is affecting the tourist industry. This situation is triggering changes in tourism activity programs that, in turn, imply changes in the ways both companies and tourist destinations are managed. Moreover, it has generated marketing management committed to themes of sustainability and consumer behavior, marketing of sustainable products, product design and green brands, labeling, and advertising. The objective of this book is to analyze the main contributions made as a result of research related to sustainable tourism–marketing management and current trends in this field. Therefore, the book collects contributions about the marketing of destinations and the marketing management of companies and tourism organizations from a sustainable tourism perspective. The studies highlighted analyze the marketing strategies adopted by tourism companies and institutions or tourist destinations in order to manage visitors in a sustainable manner, promote the destination in marginal areas, promote territorial balance, or analyze the effect of tourism on the consumption of local products and the economic development of host communities. We consider this book to contribute to better management and the dissemination of sustainable tourism, thus helping destinations and the tourism industry commercialize products or services that respect the environment.
- ItemOpen AccessWhere You Sleep Tells What You Care About(Springer, 2023) Mariné Roig, Estela; Daries Ramón, Natalia; Martín Fuentes, Eva; Ferrer Rosell, BertaOnline reviews are valuable sources of information that can help other tourists gain an idea of the destination they seek. The aim of this research is to examine what types of content is reviewed by hotel guests and Airbnb guests in two of the main urban tourist cities in Spain (Barcelona and Madrid) to distinguish content between the destination where the accommodation is located and to observe variations on users of these platforms when they write reviews. Comparing more than one million reviews posted on TripAdvisor and Airbnb through compositional data analysis (CoDa), results show that there are different patterns between Barcelona and Madrid and between their accommodation mode according to the reviews. This study can help researchers and managers know what useful information can be extracted from online travel reviews.