- ItemOpen AccessScheduling an European basketball competition. An application of graph theory(2013-09) Folguera, CarlesThe object of this project is to schedule a ctitious European basketball competition with many teams situated a long distances. The schedule must be fair, feasible and economical, which means that the total distance trav- eled by every team must be the minimal possible. First, we de ne the sport competition terminology and study di erent competition systems, focusing on the NBA and the Euroleague systems. Then we de ne concepts of graph theory and spherical distance that will be needed. Next we propose a com- petition system, explaining where will be allocated the teams and how will be the scheduling. Then there is a description of the programs that have been implemented, and, nally, the complete schedule is displayed, and some possible improvements are mentioned.
- ItemOpen AccessHighly concentrated bitumen emulsions. A state of the art, review of experimental results(2013-07) Querol Solà, NúriaLes emulsions concentrades o altament concentrades de betum són un camp molt poc estudiat avui en dia. El treball és un estat de l'art de tots els papers que hi ha sobre aquest tema desde el mètode tradicional fins el HIPR (High Internal Phase Ratio).
- ItemOpen AccessImplementation of the Rijndael-AES algorithm on a Sage-Math worksheet(2012-07) Vicens Escuer, AlbertLa principal motivació d'aquest treball ha estat implementar l'algoritme Rijndael-AES en un full Sage-math, paquet de software matemàtic de lliure distribució i en actual desenvolupament, aprofitant les seves eines i funcionalitats integrades.
- ItemOpen AccessAnalysis of thermal properties of phase change materials (PCM) using differential scanning calorimeter (DSC)(2012-04-05) Sheth Karathia, FalguniCommercially available PCM RT 20, RT 27, SP 22, A17 and SP 25 A8. Were analyzed using dynamic and step method of heat flux DSC. The results of the dinamic and step method were compared with commercial valures. It was found that RT 20 & RT 27 showed good conforming of results with commercial values while SP 22 A17 & SP 25 A8 did not show conformity.
- ItemOpen AccessCompact thermal storage: a-state-of-the-art review of experimental results(2012-04-05) Cot Gores, JaumeThermal energy storage (TES) can increase the thermal energy effieresa, of a process by reusing the waste heat from industrial process, solar energy or other sources. There are different ways to store thermal energy: by sensible heat, by latest heat, by sorption process or by chemical reaction. This thesrs provides a-state-of-the-art review of the experimental performance of TES systems based on solid gas sorption process and chemical reactions. The importance of theses processes is that provides a heat loss free storage system with a high energy density.